We operate an independent office in Brussels, the “Capital of Europe”. We provide advice in French, German, English, Dutch, Mandarin and Russian and advise on all EU law issues. Our work includes legal lobbying, which we have often used to instigate changes to EU law in favour of the interests of our international clients.
We advise on antitrust law and merger control and develop compliance programmes and early warning systems, which can help clients to proactively adapt their business models, products and group strategies. We draft cross-border joint venture and distribution agreements, assess procurement proceedings, manage anti-dumping procedures, provide support with state aid issues and develop position papers.
We have expertise in numerous sectors. Our clients include companies from the automotive, steel, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and food industries. We are just as familiar with energy, environmental and waste management as we are with research and development. In addition, our experts are well versed with aviation and transport, and with media and sport.
At a glance:
- Antitrust and competition law
- Cross-border joint ventures and distribution agreements
- Regulatory law, in particular REACH, pharmaceuticals and food law
- State aid law
- Energy law
- Public procurement law, especially EU infringement proceedings
- International trade law, such as anti-dumping, WTO and customs law
- Legal lobbying at national and EU level
- Drafting complaints and submissions and managing procedures
Dr Dietmar O. Reich
Dr Rainer Bierwagen