We, BEITEN BURKHARDT Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Ganghoferstraße 33, 80339 Munich, Germany, are pleased about your interest in our law firm. We are placing great value on the protection of your individual privacy. Below you will therefore find information on the handling of your personal data and your rights in this respect.
Our data protection officer can be contacted by e-mail to: Datenschutz@bblaw.com
Nature and Scope of Data Processing
If you apply for a job at our law firm, we will collect the following data in this context:
- Title, last name, first name
- E-mail address
- Further information and documents such as cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, etc. which you have provided to us in the context of your application
Your data will only be used for our decision on whether to establish an employment relationship with you and for any correspondence in this respect, and it is internally forwarded only to the responsible contact persons who will be involved in filling the position you are interested in. If you do not apply for a specific vacancy (unsolicited application), we will use your data for all positions which are vacant at the time of your application and which meet your requirements.
We are entitled to data processing for this purpose pursuant to Article 88 GDPR in conjunction with section 26 (1) 1 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
We will erase your data 6 months after completion of the application process, unless you agree to participate in the BEITEN BURKHARDT talent pool. We will transfer applicant data to the talent pool in order to be able to contact you for any later vancancies which may suit you. In this case your data can be viewed by the respective practice groups of BEITEN BURKHARDT and staff members involved in the application process to check whether your profile matches the requirements of current job vacancies. We will erase your career data stored for the talent pool after 2 years, unless you request earlier erasure from us.
In the context of our processing of your personal data you have the following rights:
- You may revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- You are entitled to obtain information regarding your stored personal data. In addition to that, you are entitled to be given access to the information listed in Article 15 GDPR.
- Above that, you have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data in accordance with Article 16 GDPR as well as erasure of your personal data if the conditions referred to in Article 17 GDPR are met.
- Under the conditions set out in Article 18 GDPR you may restrict the processing of your personal data.
- In addition, pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to have us transmit these personal data to another controller on your instruction, where technically feasible. The right to data transmission only relates to personal data the processing of which is based on consent or on a contract, and where the processing is carried out by automated means.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
Pursuant to Article 21 GDPR you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you to the extent that it is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR. In the event of such objection we will no longer process these data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You can exercise all the above rights generally free of Charge.
Should you feel that we are not acting in proper compliance with our data privacy duties, you may contact the data protection authorities at any time. You may contact the competent data protection authority at:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht
(Bavarian State Data Protection Authority)
Phone: +49 (0) 981 180093-0
Fax: +49 (0) 981 180093-800