Short News |
BEITEN BURKHARDT Moscow organised a business breakfast on the topic Personal data and localisation update
Moscow, 27 June 2016 – A business breakfast was held on 24 June 2016 in Moscow. Alexey Tswetkow, Security Manager, Samsung Russia, Alexander Baev, Head of SAP practice, Itelligence LLC and Andrey Slepov, Senior Associate, BEITEN BURKHARDT Moscow spoke in front of ca. 80 participants on the topic "Personal data and localisation: update".
Since 1 September 2015, when collecting personal data companies have been required to ensure that the personal data of Russian citizens are recorded, classified, accumulated, stored, clarified, updated, amended and retrieved using databases located in the Russian Federation. This change in legislation and other important provisions of the law have been tested in practice through Roskomnadzor audits. We invited representatives of the business community and IT companies to share their experience in performing this activity in line with the legislation.
The speakers discussed the following relevant issues as part of a panel discussion:
1) Localisation of databases: lessons in implementation and Roskomnadzor audits.
2) What to expect and how to act in case of a Roskomnadzor audit.
3) Requirements on the content of consents to process personal data: written, ordinary, electronic.
4) Retention policies vs. hard copy and electronic personal data storage requirements.
5) Notification of Roskomnadzor on the processing of personal data/informational letter on introducing amendments to the notification: what should be kept in mind.
A panel discussion with these experts was held afterwards.
The moderator of the discussion was Uwe Leuschner, Chairman of the Board at Wirtschaftsclub Russland e.V.
BB Moscow organised a business breakfast on the topic Personal data and localisation update.pdf